Birthday Maypoles Vest
Knitted jacquard cropped vest made as a part of a collaborative project with Slovene photographer Lucija Rosc. Made from a dead stock yarn by designer herself. Keep in mind when ordering items or multiples of them that there may be subtile variations in colors.
- Material and Fit
- 50% wool, 50% acrylic Oversize cropped fit Female model is 165cm tall and wears size medium Male is 185cm tall and wears size medium
- Hand wash or machine wash using a detergent recommended for wool Do not iron Do not dry clean Do not bleach Dry flat Be careful when wearing or changing knitwear - knitted surface can quickly stick it to jewellery or other accessories and can damage knitted surface (make holes, etc.).
- About Brands
- In a collaborative project Birthday Maypoles, created by knitwear designer Jona Bednjanec and photographer Lucija Rosc, the artists combine their different types of artistic techniques and transform photographs into knitwear. The series is showing motifs from photographs of birthday maypoles, that Lucija Rosc has been collecting ever since 2015. They are traditional objects of birthday celebrations, specific to the Slovenian space. In the countryside on someone’s birthday anniversary, their friends and family usually put up a tall spruce tree, garnished with a road sign and funny writings. Jona Bednjanec designs distinctively colourful products with versatile patterns and bindings by herself. She produces them with a knitting machine that, for this project, she managed to re-program in a way that it knits photographs. The artist stresses the importance of recycling in a world of design and textile industry by using the remnants of woollen yarns from local knitwear productions.
- Women; Gender-Neutral
- Birthday Maypoles Vest size chart
- Size chart for Birthday Maypoles vest. All mesaurements are in centimeters.
Inspired by a world of knitting and textiles, Jona Bednjanec explores and celebrates the richness of knitting technology, focused on patterns and colors. Knitwear is made and developed by her on knitting machine or by hand. As a local Unicorn brand her goal is to keep small Slovene knitting manufacturing still alive and to raise awareness of handmade pieces and textile heritage in Slovenia. Jona's main goal is to design products that last, she regularly collaborates with small local family owned knitwear production. Every piece is made and produced in Slovenia.Brand page