Dogon Crop Top
– A classic sleeveless cropped top in soft cotton
– Center front button closure
– Wash delicately in water of 30 degrees or less
– Fabric: 100% handwoven cotton produced in Mali
– Color: Light Beige (no-dye)
– Made in Italy The articles presented are craft pieces that may have non-substantial differences with the photographs of the products. For this same reason, some of the clothing may present small imperfections.
- Material and Fit
- Wash delicately in water of 30 degrees or less
Doussou Traoré is a novel fashion design partnership that bridges world-class art, textiles and tailoring. Malian craftsmanship is at the heart: in the midst of the arid terrains of the Sahel, textile makers practice ancient weaving and dyeing techniques. They create motifs that spin hundreds of tales. We offer unique contemporary styles drawing inspiration precisely from this folklore.
The selected fabrics are craft pieces thanks to the artisanal know-how that is cultivated with tenacity over time. Dyes are extracted from natural sources such as mineral mud, indigo, and other color bearing plant leaves and bark. These sources are amongst the least environmentally impactful, while at the same time producing high quality results.
The clothing is produced in a manner that respects not only the environment, but the people all along the supply chain. The fabrics are ethically sourced, meaning that Doussou personally selects her fabrics from suppliers reputed for the value they bring to their communities and the people they employ. The collections are timeless and edgy; made in Italy and assembled with precision by a small group of dedicated tailors. The collections are inspired by a tradition in dressing that is stylish and that feels good on the skin.Brand page